Sunday, December 07, 2008

Kathy Kudravi says hi

Kathy Kudravi, former sports copy editor/layout person, dropped us a line recently. She found the blogspot site off of Poynter's Media news.

Here is some of what’s she been doing:

“ I'm sorry to hear about the layoffs at the PD…
Richard (Urban, former PD copy editor, layout guy) and I are doing fine. He's now the business and marketing editor at a company called Nerac, which does research. I'm still in charge of the ESPN bureau staff here on the TV side. Not sure if you knew this but we also have two daughters, both adopted from China. Jonna will be 6 in February and Joelle is turning 3 this week.
We usually get back to Cleveland once or twice a year to see my family. We still cheer (or groan at) the Indians and I am watching the Browns game at work as I write this.

After we left the PD in 1995 (Richard) and 1996 (me), we went to Nashville. We were there 16 months - loved the town, hated the newspaper. From there, on to Fort Worth for three years before I made the move to "the dark side" and TV. We've been here since December 1999. Richard has worked at newspapers, edited magazines, freelanced, etc. I was at the newspapers in all those towns (he followed me around the country). I am the coordinating producer/bureaus here for our studio shows, meaning I am in charge of about 40 reporters, producers and cameramen who work on SportsCenter and all of our studio shows. We adopted Jonna in November 2003 and Joelle in March 2007. Both are from Guangdong Province, PR China.”

They have a website, which she says is mostly about their children:
www.jonna-joelle.com.

If anyone wants to say hello, her email is Kathy.Kudravi@espn.com

No comments: