Sunday, January 28, 2007

Ex-book editor Janice Harayda says hi,

We got this recent note from the former book editor:

"Since leaving the Plain Dealer in 1998, I've had two comic novels come out, The Accidental Bride (St. Martin's, 1999) and Manhattan
on the Rocks (Sourcebooks, 2004). Both had a lot of good things happen to them, including a movie option for The Accidental Bride.
And I've put some of the news about them on the Web site for the books, www.janiceharayda.com On the page of this site labeled "My
Background," you can see a picture of me in front of the old Plain Dealer building at 1801 Superior.

Just recently I started a book-review blog, One-Minute Book Reviews, www.oneminutebookreviews.wordpress.com,that became successful
much faster I expected owing to some big links or publicity from places like Gawker.com and an article on the blog in the PD's
sister paper, The (Newark) Star-Ledger. I had planned to post book reviews only a couple of times a week, but after the blog began
to get a lot of attention, I had to start putting up a new book review almost every day. (A word warning to any of you who are
thinking about becoming bloggers: Blogs can run away with you! If you start getting a lot of traffic, you have to keep posting new
entries or you'll lose it.)

Jo Ann Pallant has done a great job of keeping me up to date on a lot of Plain Dealer alumni news, and I've enjoyed reading more on
the blog. Thanks a million to Rosie and Margie for making it possible for everybody to keep in touch.
Best,"
Jan Harayda


Janice Harayda
41 Watchung Plaza, #99
Montclair, NJ 07042
www.janiceharayda.com

No comments: