Monday, January 22, 2007

Former copy aides united again

The PD alumni news blog is non political but we'll take news and offers from anyone. But we're not promoting any one side or other. Or if we do, we'll tell you.

That said, Andy Juniewicz, a former PD copy aide, reporter and city desk ACE, sends his regards. After he left the PD, he went to City Hall to work for a mayor and later into PR and politics. Now he's working for another former copy aide:

Andy says:


"I'm writing because a few of the happy "See-ya!" crowd know that I'm working on the Kucinich Presidential campaign, and they have expressed an interest in volunteering to help out during their spare time -- which is considerable these days. Just wanted to let you and your entire network know that, if anybody's really serious about dabbling in politics, they can give me a call (216/409-8992) or send me an email: ajuniewicz@aol.com
Or, if they just want to enjoy life after 20 or 30 or 40 years, I wish them all the best.
It's hard to imagine that it was just over 40 years ago that I stepped into the City Room for the first time and responded to the first call for "Boy!" But what that really means is that I have 20, 30, even 40 years of friendships. And, if any of those friends who've left the confines of journalism want to get a taste of the unconfined and free-wheeling arena of politics, I'd be happy to hear from them."
andy juniewicz
Reply|Reply All

No comments: